Tuesday 11 September 2012

The Battle



Birth today, death alongside it
Attempting the impossible to save
That one life not worthy of the grim reaper
Ultimate thoughts of the end
But life brews around the corner
Enjoyment and gratitude that a day passes
And you can see yourself walking into another year

Concentrate you are one with the world
And you walk the surface
Are you at peace with what you have?
You look for wrinkles that have come and gone
Frowns looked upon as just a mere waste of time and space
Tread and chase you because they need you
Run towards what will be noted as overjoy
Overjoy that you are smiling all the way to the bank of contentment

That just happiness makes you smile
Death creeping but in despair as you live on
Who is the greatest now?
I guess I won this one because I see me living on another year
My greatest gift is me to me and death I am not ready yet

*A dedication to my birthday 9/11

No comments:

Post a Comment